Sunday, March 20, 2011

Finally aother quilt finished..

Well another project done and I had alot of fun making this quilt..it took me just over a month because I was doing it when I had some spare time..I want to make more. (hint! Christmas presents because I dont want to rush at the last minute)
I used all Amy Butlers material and I got this from a already cut pieces but I adjusted it abit and did my own pattern..

I usually sew the edgings on the machine but this time I decided to do it the proper way and hand stitch it..I would take it to my bedroom in the evening and stitch while watching my recorded TV programs..


It gives me great satisfaction to finish a quilt and most of all I am giving it away as a gift..I know what you all are thinking as Mark would say too..I never keep what I make but I just love to give.

2 comments:

Nettie's Blog said...

Love it....good job...are you keeping it for yourself ???? (i have given all mine away to family and friends..dont have one for myself)... I love Amy Butler material..... i cant wait till i have my own space in my new house where i can leave my machine up and just keep going back when i have a couple of minutes to sew.....roll on finishing the house.

Simone Triffitt said...

Now I feel really guilty for not finishing my first quilt yet!!! The sewing class that it is finished will be caused for celebration - its only what, 4 yrs in the making.